[RE-wrenches] CA CSI warranty interpretation

Aram Alexander aram at aramsolar.com
Wed Nov 19 10:00:18 PST 2008

Re: [RE-wrenches] SWH data loggingGood day folks,

In California, as a Lic. Contractor you are responsible if you make changes to an existing structure. Now if you were to sub out the roof penetrations to a Lic. roofing contractor you could pass that responsibility to them. But you as the Solar contractor would be in essence the General for that project and would be responsible to have the sub fix the potential problem.

Example, you just had your roof, reroofed by a lic. roofing company, and then you hire a solar company to install a solar system on that roof, and god forbid something happens and a leak is caused and the water ruins the family heirloom in the house, who do you think is going to be responsible ? The last person that touch it, that is how the courts will see it.

It is the same thing in reference to the main service and any subpanels we touch, we could be responsible even if prior work was done incorrectly, you will be responsible to fix it.

So anyone that does not take that serious is making a big mistake..... We as an industry can not take this lightly, solar systems are inherently robust so it could take a long time before issues arise from a bad install. So taking all aspect of the install to heart and using the correct products and techniques to produce a finished product is what all solar contractors need to keep in mind.

Now as far as the 10 year warranty, "at no cost to the customer", that is all aspects of the system. This is unheard of in anything we as humans have to deal with in life..... 10 years folks, a lot can happen.

So take it very serious,
 Aram
  Aram A. Alexander
Design Engineer

General & Electrical Contractor Lic.750852

   aram at aramsolar.com
Mobile:              209-649-4204-Best
Main Office Tel:  (866) 6 SOLAR 6
Fax:                  (800) 852-8870

  "Excellence is never an accident, it is the result of high intention,
 sincere effort, intelligent direction, skillful execution and the vision
to see obstacles as opportunities."

www.aramsolar.com