[RE-wrenches] LA Fire Dept Signage requirements

Peter Parrish peter.parrish at calsolareng.com
Thu Oct 30 18:09:51 PDT 2008

I think we found a source of Los Angeles FD labels. They comply in every
respect to the document; "Los Angeles Department Requirements "SOLAR
PHOTOVOLTAIC SYSTEMS". F.P.B. Requirement No. 90, 6-30-08

Labels are 2 in x 3" with white letters on a red background, min 3/8 in.
high, arial font all caps.

Label #1"CAUTION: SOLAR ELECTRIC SYSTEMS CONNECTED" is for main service
disconnect (one per job). Label #2 "CAUTION: SOLAR CIRCUIT" is for DC
conduit, raceways, enclosures, cable assemblies, DC combiners and j-boxes
(five to ten per job?).

We are going to order 500 ea of label #1 and 1,000 ea of label #2. Proofs
will be available before printing.

Prices $298 (59 cents ea) and $425 (43 cents ea.).

If you want to take a chance on these puppies, contact me off line. I think
we should get some price breaks if I can bundle a number of orders.

[Marlene: hold off for a couple of days until we see if other wrenches are
interested.]

- Peter

Peter T. Parrish
California Solar Engineering, Inc.
820 Cynthia Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90065
Ph 323-258-8883, Mobile 323-839-6108, Fax 323-258-8885
CA Lic. 854779, NABCEP Cert. 031806-26
peter.parrish at calsolareng.com