[RE-wrenches] mix-n-match Unisolar

Antony Tersol tony at appliedsolarenergy.com
Thu Oct 30 17:27:50 PDT 2008

If you had, for instance, strings of quantity 10 PVL136 watt modules, and
you needed to put in a 68 watt module because of a skylight, then you would
want to use a string of 9 PVL136 watt + 2 PVL68 watt.  This would keep the
voltages the same between strings.  Having a string of 9 PVL136 + 1 PVL68
paralleled with strings of 10 PVL136 would cause some of the strings to see
non-optimal voltages.  I don't see how bypass diodes would fix things.