[RE-wrenches] Micro Hydro control

jay peltz jay at asis.com
Tue Sep 30 08:06:49 PDT 2008

Hi Carl,

Yes there are some options.

If you use a good pressure activated switch, you can turn on/off slow
opening electric valves as flow changes.

IE so as the flow drops, the pressure drops and at the activation
point, the relay closes one or more valves allowing the pressure to
build up at which point the valve will open again.

For finer regulation you might need more than one valve to have a
relay and more than one pressure switch.

Its can be pretty expensive, but it does work.

What voltage is the turbine?  This helps to know if you can use the
turbine power to control the valves.

thanks,

jay

peltz power