[RE-wrenches] Vanner - BP inverter

Tom Elliot telliot at wagonmaker.com
Sun Sep 28 10:29:08 PDT 2008

I wonder if that was one of Joe's old test units.  I seem to remember seeing
one sitting around his shop with a C-40 in the vicinity.

I don't know about how much of a headache it would be, absent the charge
control problems with the Omnimeter that can be routed around.  The unit I
installed was one of the very first ones that did not have the integrated AC
battery charger, it was inverter only, and I got a separate charge unit from
Vanner to connect to it to handle generator input.

This thing won't be current, likely not at all what most  wrenches are used
to (not many people used Joe's stuff or Vanner) but the one I installed is
still working, as far as I know, after 10 years.

Tom