[RE-wrenches] life expectancy of sealed batteries

Nick Houser offgridn at telus.net
Tue Sep 23 07:07:11 PDT 2008

Todd----read with interest your posting to re-wrenches about lead calcium
bateeries in float service. I too have experimented sucessfully with
ex-phone company lead cals. Around here you can often buy them for $50
apiece. I
fing they're particularly good in micro-hydro service where deep cycling
is not really necessary. For your information I happen to know that
Surrette has a lead calcium project in devleopment with SMA. Don't know how
"affordable" they will be, though. Nick Houser  Off Grid Services,  Powell
River, British Columbia. P.S> could you  please post this for me? I can no
longer post to this forum, for some reason. Thanks.