[RE-wrenches] evergreen panels diode problems

Marv Dargatz mdargatz at enphaseenergy.com
Sun Sep 21 12:16:44 PDT 2008

Jay,

Europe is ungrounded.  As a result, there are other requirements to
detect leakage currents to earth at startup, and during operation.  You
might wonder what happens if there's a ground fault.  Well, it is
detected by the leakage current detection.  Interestingly, a ground
fault on an ungrounded array does not cause an immediate problem so far
as arcing, risk of fire, etc.  A second fault is required to cause major
issues.  Strange how, here in the U.S. we put the first fault in place
intentionally by grounding one of the DC conductors.

I'm not sure about Japan.

See Ya!

Marv
Enphase Energy