[RE-wrenches] offgrid system question

Phil Schneider phil at CEsolar.com
Tue Aug 19 19:43:45 PDT 2008

Max,

I agree with the previous comments regarding likely issues to pursue with
this system.

Mr. Undercuffler mentioned temperature compensation as a piece to the
puzzle.  I was recently troubleshooting a system where there was a large
difference between actual and compensated voltages with a SW Plus.  The SW
Plus uses actual voltage to make decisions regarding generator starting
(Xantrex tech support didn¹t have a known reason for this), which led to
premature generator starting (and LBCO shutoff) when the batteries were
warm.  It may be worth checking on which voltage (compensated or not) the XW
uses to make these types of decisions.

P.

Phil Schneider
Creative Energies