[RE-wrenches] offgrid system question

Phil Undercuffler P.Undercuffler at conergy.us
Tue Aug 19 07:39:55 PDT 2008

The XW6048 is rated at 52 amps RMS line to line between 5 seconds down
to 1 millisecond, so if your client's AC has a starting inrush surge of
104 amps at 240v, then yep, I think your biggest problem is not enough
inverter.  Sounds like just one additional inverter will be marginal;
depending upon the additional background loads you may want to consider
expanding to three total.  I think Mick Abraham is right on here, in his
earlier post.

Phil Undercuffler

Director, Battery-based and Off-grid

Conergy Sales & Systems, Americas