[RE-wrenches] Gray code area

Drake Chamberlin drake.chamberlin at redwoodalliance.org
Thu Jul 31 19:53:23 PDT 2008

Bill,

That is a great point.  As it stands, the box
ahead of the residence does contain a main
breaker.  If we get rid of that breaker and turn
it into a lugs only panel, it would satisfy the
requirements.  I wonder how that would pan out,
since the wiring runs through this other building.

Thanks,

Drake

At 12:49 PM 7/31/2008, you wrote:

>Drake,
>
>690.64 relates everything to the service
>disconnects. All the rest of this is semantics.
>As long as the PV connection is upstream of the
>service disconnect (i.e. in between the service
>disconnect and the service meter), it is
>considered a line side service connection.
>
>If there is no way to turn off the residential
>service in the panel with the “feed-thru” lugs,
>there is no service disconnect for the
>residential service yet. That way if the
>connection were on the line side of the first
>service disconnect for the residence (one of two
>services at the site, both coming from the same
>service drop­to get all the semantics proper),
>it is considered a line-side connection. So what is it
.?

>Bill.

Drake Chamberlin
Athens Electric