[RE-wrenches] Gray code area

William Miller wrmiller at charter.net
Wed Jul 30 14:24:34 PDT 2008

Drake:

Sorry again, but this is still not clear.  Questions below in red (could
you draft a block diagram and post it?):

At 03:56 PM 7/30/2008, Drake Chamberlin wrote:

>>2. The commercial building has a service that you will not feed the
>>grid-tie to.
>
>Yes.  It also has its own service.  The commercial building gets some
>solar also.  The tax benefits would be for it all to be on the commercial
>service, but we are following the owner's request.

According to the two paragraphs above, the commercial building has two
commercial services???  One will receive PV and one will not??

>>3. This commercial building has a "feed-through" breaker panel that was
>>installed for the PV to tie to.  This "Feed-through" box does not connect
>>to the commercial service.
>
>Yes
>
>>Where is the service that the PV system would feed?  In a separate building?
>
>Yes, in the residence on the property.  The meter is on the commercial
>building.

Referring to the passage above:  I have learned that in most cases, the
service and the meter are the same device.  Are you telling me the legal
service is separate from the meter???