HUP was IBE [RE-wrenches]

Jeff Oldham starpower4u at juno.com
Mon Jul 14 16:10:06 PDT 2008

I have used lot's of IBE, Hawker and HUP batteries. They are all excellent batteries. However, I prefer the HUP's due to the super warranty, free domestic S&H and the great service from Jean and Rob at NWES. At times it can be driven by a need to have removeable cells (HUP does). I've yet to remove cells to place batteries but it sure can be handy for difficult stairway path installs. the down side is that those removeable cells have bolted bus links that are exposed and they scare me and even more so my clients due to the dropped metal object hazard. When I do my best to put the fear of God in them about battery safety pointing to those bars and telling them if a piece of metal were to bridge them it would be very ugly at best. After more details their eyes bug out and they want to know how to insulate them (not at all easy, but been thinking about "Plastic Dip" paint for tool handles. It would be a messy opperation though.

my 2 cents...

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com