bird abatement [RE-wrenches]

Peter Duchon info at asappower.com
Fri Jul 11 13:44:05 PDT 2008

While installing solar streetlighting units this issue has come up often
along the coast.   We have seagulls and crows.

Here's a good product that you can adhere to the top edge of a tilted
module's frame (or row) with a good tube glue/adhesive caulk. Run a bead in
the glue trough on the back of the product and schwack on carefully, may
require clamping.   You can also affix with screws.

http://www.birdbgone.com/birdspike2000.htm

I believe the taller edge is more attractive for sitting, wherever modules
are tilted, so don't know about effectiveness of product for flat or min.
tilt flat-roof applications.

Can't do much about the fly-over bombing runs, however, there may be an
audible deterrent solutions that will steer birds from flying through the
system owner's airspace?

Here are some visual deterrents.   I like the umbrellas but wonder if these
dangly deterrents and the small shadow they would create would be just as
bad, but I think less than fried-on bird droppings
.
http://www.flybye.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=8

Peter Duchon
ASAP POWER!