Kyocera [RE-wrenches]

Larry Crutcher, Starlight Solar larry at starlightsolar.com
Thu Jun 19 13:56:25 PDT 2008

Peter,

Here's the link: http://www.gosolarcalifornia.ca.gov/equipment/pvmodule.php

I downloaded the data, created a spreadsheet, created a ranking column based on the CEC number divided by the nameplate rating times 1000. For example: The Kyocera KC-200GT is rated at 177.2. 177.2/200*1000 = 861. Now, look at Sanyo HIP-200BA3: 188.7/200*1000= 944. The Sanyo is much better at delivering the power you paid for.

I don't agree that the low performance module manufacturers will "be prone to declining interest" as long as incentives are not production based.
Larry Crutcher