XW6048 running a 1HP pump? [RE-wrenches]

Mark Edmunds mark.edmunds at xantrex.com
Mon Jun 9 15:57:43 PDT 2008

Hi Scott,

The XW6048 will put out about 55Arms from line to line, or up to about
110Arms line to neutral (120V) for up to 15 seconds before hitting an
overload fault - this should be able to start a 1HP pump like this OK.
We have tested surge capability on several large motors, but would be
interested in hearing if anyone has got some real world results on
larger pumps so we know for sure!

The output current surge capability curves are in the XW operation guide
now, you can download at:

http://www.xantrex.com/web/id/1871/docserve.aspx

Cheers,

Mark