Grid-tie with battteryless backup [RE-wrenches]

Kirpal Khalsa solarworks at gmail.com
Tue May 13 09:42:05 PDT 2008

I looked into the Ecojoule inverter as a customer had one and was
looking to replace it with a larger model.....After contacting the
company and discussing the system with the customer the Ecojoule 2500
inverter was indeed a battery less inverter but primarily designed to
power an AC water pump directly off an array with out
batteries.....not to feed power back to the grid.....The customer had
the unit installed and running for a couple years and then his pump
clogged.... the inverter was still working.....
I contacted the company as they apparently weren't going thru
distribution and checked into pricing....they were quite expensive
even wholesale.......
>From what I could tell they do not have an anti islanding mechanism
and so they were not rated for utility inter-tie but they are designed
to provide AC power direct from an array with no batteries......

Cheers,
--
Sunny Regards,
Kirpal Khalsa