DC aeration [RE-wrenches]

Ray Walters walters at taosnet.com
Sun May 11 18:09:47 PDT 2008

<x-flowed>

Oh I did one several years ago. Windy supplied us with the goods. As
I recall I had a 10 watt module hooked up direct to a large DC
aquarium air pump with about a 2 foot long air stone. The thing moved
a lot of air, and really cleaned up this indoor cistern (old Earth
ship).
Being a brushed model, it eventually cooked the brushes. Seems like
it was a commercial fish farm supplier out of Florida that had the pump.
If I did it again, I'd get a 24 v model and run it array direct on a
12 v panel ( Vmpp = 16 - 17 v)
or add a linear current booster.
Then Conergy had an AC air pump with some added electronics  to run
DC direct. They advertised it for keeping stock tanks from freezing,
but it didn't work if it got too cold. I don't know what happened to
those.

Ray

On May 11, 2008, at 2:46 PM, Jay Peltz, Peltz Power wrote:

> HI All,
>
> I'm looking for a DC aeration system.
>
> In the 1-2 CFM range, with air diffuser.
>
> Any info out there?
>
> thanks in advance,
>
> jay
>
> peltz power