PV Grounding [RE-wrenches]

Mark Frye markf at berkeleysolar.com
Tue Apr 15 17:42:44 PDT 2008

I have taken to using 8# bare stranded from module all the way through to
the point of connection at the ac system GEC.

i too have heard of folks disallowing the #10 GRN STD as a PV equipment
ground, something about the insulation is not rated for UV exposure or
extreme current during lighting strike, but.....who needs insulation on an
equipment ground? (isolated ground systems being a separate issue)

Would definently be interest in a good explanation why this should be
disallowed.

Mark Frye
Berkeley Solar Electric Systems
271 Vistamont Dr