NABCEP test [RE-wrenches]

Phil Schneider phil at CEsolar.com
Mon Mar 17 19:09:43 PDT 2008

This was my first go-round with the exam ­ I was expecting it to be more
difficult after all I had heard.  Then again all I had heard may have
motivated me to study more than I would have otherwise.  I would agree that
there weren¹t many in-depth electrical calculations.  There did seem to be a
lot of practical ³physics² calculations regarding an installation (pull-out
strength, wind loading, roof load bearing,...).  I believe there were three
questions regarding appropriate point of connection and bus overloading.  I
thought some of the troubleshooting questions were pertinent, in asking
³what is the most important safety concern in this situation.²  I am curious
as well to hear the reaction of others, especially Wrenchers who have
previously taken a NABCEP exam.

cheers,
P.

Phil Schneider, system engineer
Creative Energies
www.CreativeEnergies.biz

From: Kirpal Khalsa <solarworks at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 16:23:22 -0800
To: <RE-wrenches at topica.com>
Subject: NABCEP test [RE-wrenches]

Greetings wrenches........any of you sit for the NABCEP test this go
around......it sure was interesting.....
no wire sizing calculations!?, no voltage drop calculations!?, no over
temp output calculations!?, no ampacity calculations!?
The test was not what i expected... .............any one else have any
take on the test?

--
Sunny Regards,
Kirpal Khalsa