Batteryless inverter recommendation [RE-wrenches]

William Miller wrmiller at charter.net
Tue Feb 26 21:31:44 PST 2008

<x-flowed>

Friends:

Actually I prefer the Xantrex GT series inverters.  They are the only
inverter with a realistic built-in disconnect scheme.  Fronius tried in
vain to convince me that installers would actually tarp modules before
working on a inverter.  I thought this was very funny.

Anecdotally, Xantrex seems a bit more reliable, but this is not a
statistical analysis.  Both SMA and Fronius have had more failures in our
installed fleet than I think is reasonable.

The Xantrex GT also is the most attractive and easy to install
inverter.  The SMA is heavy and there is no enhanced service reimbursement
for the larger inverter that takes two men and a boy to lift.  Bah!  The
Fronius wobbles and seems poorly constructed, although we have experienced
no mechanical failures.

Fronius has had a spate of failures in our installed base of 4550-LV
inverters.  They did send a technician out to rebuild inverters but the
failures continue...

William Miller

believed to be clean.

This e-mail has been scanned for SPAM and virus infections using
Barracuda.

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com