Batteryless inverter recommendation [RE-wrenches]

Mark Frye markf at berkeleysolar.com
Tue Feb 26 11:34:48 PST 2008

Joel,

You ask a good question, which I cannot speak to.

Remember however that when you use the term "SunnyBoy" you are
simultaneously referring to a product line that has both passive and active
cooling products.  If by "SunnyBoy" you refer only to the passively cooled
products, I think that they would have a clear advantage over other actively
cooled products in corrosive environments.  Frankly, I haven't looked at the
actively cooled SunnyBoys to see if the forced air runs directly over the
electrics or over a heat sink that keeps the electronics sealed.  I'm sure
others could comment on this.

I am aware of a system in Arcata, Ca. (City Hall?) where they are running
five or six different inverters side by side.  This would be pretty close to
a coast side installation, although the waves don't actually lap up against
the building; the coast is about a mile away.

Most of my installation have been within the San Francisco Bay Area, but
corrosion is a non-issue.

Mark Frye
Berkeley Solar Electric Systems
271 Vistamont Dr