battery-less VAWT [RE-wrenches]

Wilco Vercoelen w.vercoelen at dommelvalley.ca
Fri Feb 1 20:51:48 PST 2008

Have you guys looked at Windterra http://www.windterra.com/
It is a fairly new Canadian 1.2kW direct grid-tie VAWT, but based on the
specs and pricing we think it has its own place in the market. We do not see
it as an alternative to a horizontal wind turbine but rather as a type that
can be used under certain circumstances, e.g. higher rise buildings.
We know that for example the Dutch Grid-Tie Turby (European market) is
pretty effective and well developed, but again in its own little place in
the market. We believe that the majority of turbines will be horizontal, now
and in the future, but that doesn't mean that a well-tested vertical turbine
with actual good field test results and certifications can be a solution
under certain conditions. Unfortunately there aren't many out there, yet....

Wilco Vercoelen
Dommelvalley Green Power
Utopia, Ontario

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com