Options for Residential BIPV? [RE-wrenches]

Jeff Clearwater, Village Power Design jeffc at villagepower.com
Wed Jan 16 13:14:57 PST 2008

<x-flowed>

Hi Esteemed Wrenches.

I have a residential customer seriously interested in doing  BIPV -
perhaps on a steel roof.  For years I've been discouraging it after
seeing problems with UniRac's laminate and Sunslate connectors (and
code violation?).

But now I'm realizing my info may be getting old.  Anyone out there
installing BIPV for residential?  The customer is in MA so probably
not going to consider concrete tile roof inserts like the Kyocera
(assuming they are even still available) but it might be worth
considering.

So let me know what folks think the latest is on residential BIPV.

Thanks!

Jeff C.
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jeff Clearwater
gosolar at villagepower.com
NABCEP (tm) Certified Solar PV Installer

Voice: 413-259-3776
Fax: 413-825-0703
65 Schoolhouse Rd
Amherst, MA 01002