Evolution of the Quick connect [RE-wrenches]

Phil Undercuffler p.undercuffler at conergy.us
Mon Jan 14 08:24:49 PST 2008

Welllll, the good news is, it's not just solar, so don't feel oppressed.
NEC 2008 406.11 now requires tamper-resistant receptacles for all 15A
and 20A 125v outlets in dwelling units.

John Currall writes in EC&M magazine, "The NFPA, through specific
code-making panels, was concerned about the well being of children ...
and the inclination of a child to unknowingly endanger him- or herself
by inserting keys, pins, paper clips, or other items into unprotected
receptacles."  Full text at
http://ecmweb.com/mag/electric_tamperresistant_receptacles_rules/

Rejoice, our homes are safe for forks again.  And I think raceways for
PV conductors in accessible areas are a great idea -- I just don't know
how to accomplish it, realistically.  But it does sound like a good
product waiting to be invented.

BTW, a good article covering some of the more significant 2008 code
changes is available at: http://ecmweb.com/mag/electric_code_changes_13/

Phil Undercuffler
Technical Services Manager
Conergy, Inc.
1730 Camino Carlos Rey Suite 103
Santa Fe NM 87507 USA
Office | 505.473.3800 x4841
Fax | 505.473.3830
www.conergy.us

From: Sky Sims

<snip>
If that's true then stop pushing to have higher standards placed on the
solar industry than those placed on all other power sources. There must
be a balance between safety and affordability. That balance has already
been determined by existing industries. We shouldn't be slanting the
field further in their favor by placing higher burdens on solar than the
others face. We can't protect against stupidity.
<snip>

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com