kWh Metering [RE-wrenches]

Travis Creswell tcreswell at ozarkenergyservices.com
Sat Jan 5 15:33:15 PST 2008

My apology, I should have mentioned that "little" detail.  We've mostly used
them for off-gridders so that didn’t even occur to me to mention that don't
read both ways.  Good to hear they are coming out with a product to resolve
that issue.  Even on the grid tied jobs they provide a tremendous value.

William, you're not implying they are inaccurate, right?  I actually found
them to be very accurate especially for a product in that price range.  Can
I'll assume what you're saying is they aren't accurately telling the whole
story since they can't read both ways, right?

I'm not following you about installation constraints in the "meter combo". I
suspect we have a different MDP /metering arrangement then you do as I've
always had plenty of room.

Bottom line to me is that it's a "whole house" Kill-A-Watt meter for less
then $150 that can be installed in minutes.  I think that a TED or similar
product should be installed for at least 6 months before someone installs
solar.  Educational value as it relates to conservation of this type of
device should frequently be staggering.

Keep you head down out there!

Travis Creswell
Ozark Energy Services