ez wire substitute [RE-wrenches]

Jeff Clearwater, Village Power Design jeffc at villagepower.com
Fri Jan 4 16:26:23 PST 2008

<x-flowed>

Hi Erika,

The charge controls on EZWire systems are so poor and unreliable that
I have always simply used the rectifier part of their box and not
wired up the dump load circuit and hence don't use the charge
control.  We also disconnected their meters too since the information
was more misleading than useful.

I then added another MPPT dump load controller to the system like the
Enermaxer when they were available.  Now I would probably recommend
an MX60 if you can afford it and use it as a load control.  Or simply
use a C40 or C60 in diversion mode.

Hope that helps!

Jeff C.

>Has anyone used a substitute for Southwest's EZ wire system to regulate
>battery charging, 24V on the 1000W machine?
>I thought for a moment tat a rectifier plus a Bergey 1kW controller would
>look very similar.
>
>thanks,
>Erika
>*********************
>Ohio License # 44844
>NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer TM
>Certified Home Energy Rater
>
>REpower SOLUTIONS
>Visit online:  <http://www.repowersolutions.com/> www.repowersolutions.com
>Renewable energy and home energy audits
>P.O. Box 91992; Cleveland, OH 44101
>(c) 216.402.4458; (f) 216.803.6739

>- - - -
>Hosted by Home Power magazine

>Archive of previous messages: http://lists.topica.com/lists/RE-wrenches/read
>
>List rules & how to change your email address:
>www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php
>
>Check out participant bios: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jeff Clearwater
Village Power Design
Sustainable Energy & Water Solutions for Home & Village
http://www.villagepower.com
gosolar at villagepower.com
NABCEP (tm) Certified Solar PV Installer

877-765-2784
FAX: 530-466-3663
425 Nimrod St,
Nevada City, CA 95959