[RE-wrenches] SMA WebBox Wireless hookup

Chris Worcester chris at solarwindworks.com
Thu Oct 2 14:32:03 PDT 2008

Hi Wrenches,

I am in the middle of a job that looks like we need to go wireless from the
SMA SB7000US inverter  on the first floor up to the WebBox through the house
at the router location. The WebBox will plug into the wireless router with
the supplied red patch cable.

Any and all does and don'ts on this will be really appreciated.

In the SMA WebBox tech trainings they have shown this as possible using a
wireless or RF modem by MaxStream or Digi, called the 9-XTend-PKB Modem. Has
anyone else done this with success? We only need to hook up three conductors
to each device in this loop so that is another concern as to the wiring into
the RF Modems.

Sincerely,

Chris Worcester
NABCEP Certified PV Installer