Square D HU362RB disco [RE-wrenches]

Eric Andrews eric at ecosolarnow.com
Tue May 20 19:56:19 PDT 2008

I am getting conflicting info as to whether or not multiple conductors can
be landed on a single lug in this disco box.  (This is frequently done with
the negative conductors to so as not to inhibit the Ground Fault
Protection.)  My county AHJ says no.  The Square D lug specs for this box
(60 amp version) says one conductor.  My state AHJ believes there may be an
addendum or exception to the specs allowing multiple conductors to one lug
for this box.  I have seen many installs done this way.  Is there an
exception or are many installers and instructors misinformed?

Eric R. Andrews
NABCEP Certified PV Installer

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php