Defective Air X yaw castings from SWWP [RE-wrenches]

Larry Crutcher, Starlight Solar larry at starlightsolar.com
Tue Feb 26 09:39:30 PST 2008

If you are selling the Air-X wind turbines from Southwest Windpower, be
aware that we have received many with defective yaw castings. The recess
where the yaw clamp nut sets was made too large and the nut spins. This
will prevent you from tightening the clamp.

I have talked to two distributors that were unaware of this issue and
are still shipping the defective units. SWWP says this was a mistake and
they do not know how many units were shipped.

The make-do fix from SWWP is providing an insert that corrects the
dimension so the nut will not spin.

As much as I want to grip about my angry customers and lost sales, I
won't.

Larry Crutcher
Starlight Solar
Yuma, AZ