National Association of Solar Installers (maybe?) [RE-wrenches]

Jeff Yago jryago at netscape.com
Tue Jan 22 10:47:28 PST 2008

Join and participate in the PV industries' national trade association, the
Solar Energy Industries Association. See www.seia.org

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

That may be one direction, but my past short-lived membership in SEIA gave me the impression their membership and promotion is for the solar equipment manufacturer and their solar lobby, not the installer. Also, that link does not go anywhere.

Almost every home builder where you live will be a member of the National Association of Home Builders, not the association of home appliance manufacturers. The NAHB sponsors great educational programs for their building contractors, promotes the interests of the small contractor when dealing with government codes and regulations, and if anyone wants feedback on anything that could affect homebuilders, they contact the NAHB, not Lowes.

Your local plumber will be a member of the Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors Association, and their web site says "Dedicated to the promotion, advancement, education and training of the industry".

Your local contractor who installs custom home automation systems will be a member of the CEDIA, and their web site says - "Trade association for contractors specializing in planning and installing home cinema."

Your local roofing contractor will be a member of the National Roofing Contractors Association (NRCA).

Your local carpenter will eb a member of the Carpenter Contractors Association, and their web site says- "The objectives and purpose of this Association shall be to foster the business of contractors employed in Carpenter construction."

Your local bricklayer will be a member of the Mason Contractors Association of America, and their web site says - "a national trade association representing masonry contractors in national legislative and political affairs, codes and standards composition, workforce development, education, market promotion and general advocacy."

Your local flooring installer will be a member of the Flooring Contractors Association(FCICA) and their web site says -"It is our vision to promote and protect the best interest of floor covering contractors"

Do we see a pattern here?    I'm sorry, but I just do not know of any trade group out there that is just for solar installers, and feel like its way past time to start. I was really hoping NABCEP would help make this happen, either by adding this to their charter, or at least would offer to help us form the National Association of Solar Installers (NASI).

Jeff Yago

Netscape.  Just the Net You Need.

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php