SMA Solar Pro COSTS [RE-wrenches]

Nick Lucchese nickl at sierrasolar.com
Thu Nov 29 12:07:13 PST 2007

<x-flowed>

While I usually think these extra "clubs" are sometimes worth the
extra benefits and services offered I think that paying for the
training is a bit excessive. Whether it's at the manu's facility or
at an expo within a conference I feel that it's a bit of a joke that
we have to pay the manu's money to get trained to sell and install
their equipment. I recall a few years back at one of the shows in
Vegas put on by EO that there were about a half dozen companies
charging $200-400 to sit in on one of their 6 hour trainings.

I've never thought any of the SMA trainings were not worth every
dollar since they are usually quite affordable and cover much more
than just installing an inverter. Being able to listen to John B or
Bill Reaugh (in the past) for the technical aspects and code issues
is really worth the price alone. Probably one of the next best things
to one of Bill Brooks seminars.

Nick A Lucchese

>Does anyone else have a problem w/ manufactures asking us to pay to be
>in a "club"? We have to pay to be certified, insured,& promote our own
>business. Why do we have to pay to get into trade shows.  We review the
>newest products that WE sell & install w/ little or no worries on the
>manu' part? Take for example the inverter bypass slide, oh Mr. customer
>that really isn't there to work. What other vapor ware, do we have as
>installers, STILL have to explain to our customers? With out us
>premoting,selling & installing, would the manufactures have jobs? Cold &
>struggling "Certified installer" here in Maine..... say buddy got a buck
>for a cup of coffee?
>
>      <mailto:Tump at hughes.net> Tump at hughes.net
><http://www.swnl.net/> www.SWNL.net
>            Solarwinds Northernlights
>    Serving Mid Coast Maine & Northern California
>      Me.# 207-832-7574  Cl.#  610-517-8401
>
>       ********  MAINE'S CHARTER ********
>      NABCEP    "Certified PV Designer & Installer"
>
>       ********  MAINE'S CHARTER ********
>    Trace Xantrex "Certified" Dealer / Installer"

>- - - -
>Hosted by Home Power magazine

>Archive of previous messages: http://lists.topica.com/lists/RE-wrenches/read
>
>List rules & how to change your email address:
>www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php
>
>Check out participant bios: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/

Nick A Lucchese
NABCEP Certified PV Installer
Planet Home
General Contractor # 808851
Sierra Solar Systems
563C Idaho Maryland Road
Grass Valley, CA 95945
tech info and foreign orders:  (530) 273-6754
order line: (800) 51-SOLAR (US only)   FAX:  (530) 273-1760
e-mail:  <mailto:nickl at sierrasolar.com>
world wide web:  <http://www.sierrasolar.com>

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php