FX control of Onan [RE-wrenches]

Drake Chamberlin Drake.Chamberlin at redwoodalliance.org
Sat Nov 24 16:47:54 PST 2007

<x-flowed>

Since the Outback gen start - fan control puts
out 12 VDC instead of just being a dry contact, a
relay would be needed.  The Trace - Xantrex SW
inverters supply dry contacts of low amp rating.

 From the Outback manual.

AUXILIARY OUTPUT (AUX + / AUX -)
The Auxiliary output system uses the AUX + and
AUX – terminals and is able to be programmed
through the MATE to do a variety of
tasks. The default use for these terminals is to
drive one 12-volt fan for external cooling. The
power available at these terminals is 12
VDC at 1.0 amps (12 watts) maximum. These
terminals should not be connected to any type of
DC load which has a high inrush
current requirement. The FX includes internal
electronic overcurrent protection for this 12 VDC
output circuit which auto resets if it is
short circuited. No additional fuses are
required. Use the OutBack FX Turbo Kit or
DC12-FAN for cooling. For automatic or advanced
generator start functions, the Auxiliary Output
can drive a 12V automotive relay for the 2-wire
starting circuitry of a generator. OutBack
Power Systems does not support 3-wire start
generators; however, a 3-wire to 2-wire
conversion kit is available from other sources.

Drake

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com