Generwreck auto start [RE-wrenches]

Nick Lucchese nickl at sierrasolar.com
Fri Oct 26 16:43:27 PDT 2007

<x-flowed>

Thanks Mick,
  On a mission to help everyone out-I like your style. I finally got
through to the original seller of the gennie  and he was able to arm
me with most of the info I need for my return trip. The short story
is that there really are no "official" 2 wire provisions to hook it
up with an Outback or external switch. unless it's Generac's auto
transfer switch of course. The answer lies in getting behind the
board of the "On- Off- Auto" switches and cutting a little jumper
that the external transfer switch normally relies on and paralleling
the relay going to the FX. Of course this disables the ability to
rely on the auto transfer switch but if the utility is nonexistent
then it's not really an issue anymore. thanks for your time.

Have a great weekend,

Nick A Lucchese

>Nick Lucchese wrote:
>"Caught in the middle of trying to auto start a Generac Guardian 5242
>13 KW propane generator with an Outback inverter. The only thing I
>can find in the manual is a little block showing "12vdc transfer coil".
>
>Mick says: Many of the Generac transfer switches use a 12 volt coil to
>throw the big AC contacts...and I think there's a second 12 volt
>solenoid to throw them back. I suspect that the "12vdc transfer coil"
>you mention has nothing to do with the engine automation.
>
>Good hunting,
>
>Mick Abraham, Proprietor
>www.abrahamsolar.com
>

>- - - -
>Hosted by Home Power magazine

>Archive of previous messages: http://lists.topica.com/lists/RE-wrenches/read
>
>List rules & how to change your email address:
>www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php
>
>Check out participant bios: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/

Nick A Lucchese
NABCEP Certified PV Installer
Planet Home
General Contractor # 808851
Sierra Solar Systems
563C Idaho Maryland Road
Grass Valley, CA 95945
tech info and foreign orders:  (530) 273-6754
order line: (800) 51-SOLAR (US only)   FAX:  (530) 273-1760
e-mail:  <mailto:nickl at sierrasolar.com>
world wide web:  <http://www.sierrasolar.com>

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php