Smokey The Bear [RE-wrenches]

John Raynes john at raynes.com
Thu Oct 25 08:01:56 PDT 2007

<x-flowed>

While not feeling quite as strongly as some who have commented, I still
would say, "don't even think of trying this".

I would guess that if there were any ground fault protection on either
branch circuit, that it would likely trip.  Not because there would be a
ground fault per se. But those devices are so darned sensitive that I'm
betting that some small amount of neutral current would find an alternate
path back home, enough to cause an imbalance and trip things out.

We need to get those Discovery Channel folks to set up an experiment and
show us what happens.

John Raynes

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php