Code/UL/IEEE requirements (was system expansion) [RE-wrenches]

Joel Davidson joel.davidson at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 24 17:49:04 PDT 2007

<x-flowed>

John,

"Code/UL/IEEE requirements are driving costs up" is an understatement. Last
year, Americans installed 101 MW of on-grid PV. Granted that's up 58% from
2005, but annually the Japanese have been installing 100s of MW, Germans
install GW and other Europeans are installing an ever increasing number of
MW. I don't know why some people feel the need to inhibit the freedom and
creativity that once made America a leader in power technology innovation.
We've degenerated from a nation going boldly where no one has gone before
to...(you fill in the blank).

Joel Davidson