Efficient inverters for stand alone power systems? [RE-wrenches]

Jim Easton jeaston at ucsd.edu
Wed Aug 8 15:51:36 PDT 2007

<x-flowed>

I recall that the old UPGs were internally quad inverters that had quite low
quiescent currents.  On a larger scale, the OutBacks will fire up more
inverters as needed in multi-inverter installations.

I am wondering if there might be a market for a transfer switch that would
allow one to integrate a system with a small and a large inverter so that
the large inverter came on-line only when needed.

Jim Easton, PE
 (E 11974)
4364 Bonita Road, No. 166
Bonita, CA 91902-1421