Battery price increases [RE-wrenches]

James Surrette james at surrette.com
Tue Jul 24 13:01:48 PDT 2007

Hi Kelly,

As one of the manufacturer's in question, I feel beholden to respond.
Since April 1st, 2007, lead prices have increased >70% (www.lme.com) and
are now >$3,400 USD / tonne.  To put this into perspective, in June 2006
lead was trading at $1,000.00 USD / tonne, which we considered to be
high.  In my opinion, this rapid increase is not as a result of economic
fundamentals but rather speculative trading.  Unfortunately the trend
line, for now, remains upward, which will result in continuation of
price increases.

Regards,

Jamie

James Surrette

Surrette Battery Co. Ltd
1 Station Rd.
Springhill, NS, CAN
B0M 1X0

Direct: 902.597.4027
Fax: 902.597.8447

>>> Kelly Larson <solarwrench at asis.com> 24/07/2007 3:57 pm >>>

Wrenches,

Is anyone else finding huge sudden increases in lead-acid battery
prices?  It is my understanding that the price of lead has jumped
dramatically in the last month, and will continue to go up.  My
distributer is reporting that battery manufacturers are hesitantly
giving quotes good for only 24 hours.  Any comments?

Kelly Larson
Mendocino County, Ca

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

Archive of previous messages: