Compact Fluorescent Lamps [RE-wrenches]

Rob Harlan mendosol at mcn.org
Thu Jul 19 14:30:20 PDT 2007

It sounds like some standards need to be put into place real soon.

I have had good luck with a high quality (and expensive) Panasonic model
EFA13E28. 84 CRI, 61.5 lumens per watt, 10,000 hour rated service life,
enclosed fixture approved,-30C to +90C temperature range (very good),
excellent lumen maintenance (cheap cfs often do not maintain lumen levels
over time), ³instant-on² (80% after 3 seconds, which is better than most),
Energy Star etc. approx $8US and made in Indonesia.  The higher price
changes the payback on paper but it is probably closer to real.
http://www.panasonic.ca/english/appliance/lighting/efa_specs.asp

Rob Harlan
Executive Director
Solar Energy Society of Canada