Favorite rail-type PV mounting system [RE-wrenches]

Jeff Clearwater, Village Power Design jeffc at villagepower.com
Tue Jul 10 16:47:03 PDT 2007

<x-flowed>

I've used both Uni and ProSolar quite a bit.  Both have advantages
and disadvantages.  ProSolar was my bias until Uni offered SolarMount
Lite due to the much reduced use of AL in the ProSolar.  SM regular
was overkill for many applications.  Now it's nice to be able to
stock the same feet and hardware but choose between Lite and Regular
depending on the job.

I like ProSolar when I want really low profile or when I can use
their SolarJacks.  I like Uni on bigger jobs when I don't want to
drill.

Support from both companies has been superb.

for what it's worth,

Jeff C.
Village Power Design

>In a message dated 7/9/2007 5:47:25 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
>ian.woofenden at homepower.com writes:
>
>What's your favorite rail-type PV mounting system, and why?
>

>Hi Ian
>Been with Uni for some time. They work. I'm comfortable, little incentilve to
>change.
>
>best,Don Loweburg

>- - - -
>Hosted by Home Power magazine

>Archive of previous messages: http://lists.topica.com/lists/RE-wrenches/read
>
>List rules & how to change your email address:
>www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php
>
>Check out participant bios: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jeff Clearwater
Village Power Design
Sustainable Energy & Water Solutions for Home & Village
http://www.villagepower.com
gosolar at villagepower.com

530-470-9166
FAX: 530-466-3663