how to clean an SW [RE-wrenches]

Jay Peltz, Peltz Power jay at asis.com
Wed Jun 20 19:23:06 PDT 2007

<x-flowed>

I have a SW that is I think, possessed.

1. SW has had a LOT of diesel soot run through it.  ( not my system)

2. When the SW gets damp ( fog ) the inverter appears to be trying to
charge itself.  What I mean is that with no AC in, the inverter will
act like there is AC coming in.  It will read on the amps, sound like
its charging, and lights indicate that its seeing AC input. Sometimes
it will continue to work, sometimes it will shut down.

3. Now if you start this unit when its dry outside, then it does none
of the following, works like normal, charges normal if genny on, etc.

So my thought is that there is some sort of small short of somesort
that appears when its gets really damp, but when dry is OK.

So my question is, what would you use to "clean" the guts of the SW?

Lots of Electrical cleaner?
??

Thanks,
jay