warranty issues [RE-wrenches]

David Palumbo, Independent Power & Light ipl at sover.net
Sun Jun 10 07:05:29 PDT 2007

Hi Jeff,
What's a CS?
"CS can be inconsistent though."

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Oldham [mailto:starpower4u at juno.com]
Sent: Friday, June 08, 2007 2:20 PM
To: RE-wrenches at topica.com
Subject: Re: warranty issues [RE-wrenches]

I too have had amazing luck w/the old Trace SW series and the bullet proof U
series. I've had dozens installed for over 10 years in salt air tropical
environments and the failure rate is lower than any other inverter I've ever
worked with. I had a hurricane take out the inverter/battery room many years
ago on a project, the Trace 2512 U series fell to the bottom of the heap and
the batteries tipped over flooding the Trace w/acid. The owner left in
dismay and 2 years later got ready to rebuild, his wife talked him into
trying the inverter out against his better judgement and it worked
flawlessly and still was 2 years later when I last checked! Now, I gotta
assume that we can build even better inverters today but I'm still
waiting......
Lovin' my Magnum but hated to retire my U series but I just kept running
into mod. sine wave issues and finally took the plunge. I sure do notice the
extra 600 Wh/day load though to keep it on 24/7 over the ol Trace. Being
that Clyde Yamamoto is the brain behind Magnum I'm looking forward to a very
long trouble free life with it.
I have a lot of Outbacks all over the place and in many cases push thier
limits to the wall and beyond and they have done reasonably well. CS can be
inconsistant though. Super luck w/Fronius for grid tie and it is my choice
for the smaller grid ties.
-jeff o

>From the Solar, Wind and Hydro powered office of Jeff Oldham/Regenerative
SOLutions