Carbon monoxide detectors and hot batteries? [RE-wrenches]

Bob Ellison reellison at gmail.com
Thu May 24 04:13:42 PDT 2007

<x-flowed>
A few more things to look for;
The power vent has probably died, that wold allow the gas into the
room and probably set off the detector. He should be able to smell the
gas also.
If all the batteries are too hot to touch overcharging is suspect,
probably caused by several cells failing around the same time. It is
best described as a cascading failure. A cell fails and allows the
other cells to be overloaded and so on and on it goes.
An MX-60 failure is also possible and just over charging the batteries.
115 degrees F is wam, but liveable, 125 deg. is too hot. I have seen
industrial batteries that I work on at 145 deg. for the inner cells in
the pack. To high........
In short they are probably wore out and best to start looking for a replacement.

Hope this gets to the list.

Bob Ellison