Tripping breaker [RE-wrenches]

Andrew Truitt atruitt at gmail.com
Fri May 4 08:03:41 PDT 2007

<x-flowed>
Thanks all.  I moved the breaker to the opposite end of the busbar
from the utility disconnect and replaced it with a 40A.  I have also
advised the client to get a heavy up or at least a bigger main panel
which she is considering.  If she does then I'll try going back to the
UL required breaker in the new panel.  If she doesn't then I might try
putting a subpanel between the inverter and the panel with a 20A
breaker in it.  Either way I have to hope that it was the heating
busbar and not something about the power flow (like Drake's capacitor
issue or the squirrelly northern VA grid) that caused the tripping.

Thanks again everyone.

Andrew Truitt
Standard Solar Inc.