Grummen Solar domstic hot water module [RE-wrenches]

Bill Loesch solar1online at charter.net
Thu Apr 5 20:21:56 PDT 2007

Hi Carl,

The standard acid for use in removing scale on copper and stainless is
sulfamic acid. Some of the chemical companies put additives into their
cleaner mix for a number of purposes. The mix Intech 52 also uses a color
additive which serves as an indicator that scale is present. Continue the
descaling process until no color change occurs. No guessing if all the scale
is gone. At least one of the cleaners using sulfamic acid specifically says
_not_ to use it on aluminium (which might be what those ex airplane folks
used to make their collectors).

The parent company of the Intech line has a phone - 517-627-8444
Give them a call if you need a descaling product to work on aluminium.

You are to be commended for circulating the cleaner, much much more
effective than soaking.

Good luck,
Bill Loesch
Solar 1 - Saint Louis Solar