Converting Off-Grid OB to Grid-Tie [RE-wrenches]

Travis Creswell tcreswell at ozarkenergyservices.com
Fri Feb 23 11:47:54 PST 2007

What about the grid tie quad stack?

Travis Creswell
Ozark Energy Services

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Freitas --- OutBack Power
[mailto:cfreitas at outbackpower.com]
Sent: Friday, February 23, 2007 1:40 PM
To: RE-wrenches at topica.com
Subject: RE: Converting Off-Grid OB to Grid-Tie [RE-wrenches]

David -

We can upgrade any of the non-gridtie FX or VFX units to gridtie GTFX or
GVFX models - but it has to be done here at the factory to allow us to
complete the required UL test/certifications as well as do any upgrades
needed.  There will be a small charge for this - but its cheaper than
selling the unit and buying a new one typically.  If the inverter does
not have a turbo cover - let us know and we will send one out for it at
no charge.

You can have a system with both gridtie and non-gridtie inverters in it
- but they cannot be stacked together in series or in parallel
unfortunately as the stacking communication system is not identical.

If you can wait another month or two we will be shipping a new version
of the gridtie units which will meet the newest UL requirements (AKA the
UL1741-2005 standard). The your unit will meet this new requirement as
well.

Give Roy Dyngen or Steve Higgins a call or email in the customer service
group for assistance.

Christopher Freitas
OutBack Power Systems, Inc.
cfreitas @ outbackpower.com