Bidding in the CSI [RE-wrenches]

Geoff Greenfield Geoff at Third-Sun.Com
Fri Jan 26 06:49:05 PST 2007

After our grant inspectors tired of finding partially shaded projects that
had put on the grant application narrative "good solar access", they wisely
decided to quantify it. They require a pathfinder trace or photo, and apply
shading to reduce the grant (straight percentage from "perfect access".  The
new pathfinder software makes this easy.  Yes - there still is room for
fudging... taking the shot at the "best" part of the roof for instance, but
the state has made it clear that they will be checking up and any hanky
panky will mean a loss of ability to submit grants (and a fine and (?)jail
time for false application).

We are all good and integrity filled installers out here in flyover country,
but I'm glad that we have a pretty clear set of guidelines to keep us that
way - or at least keep my competition that way so I can relax about it!

For a brighter energy future,

Geoff Greenfield
NABCEP Certified PV Installer

"Clean Energy, Expertly Installed"