Truck advice [RE-wrenches]

Kurt Albershardt info at es-ee.com
Fri Jan 19 19:30:12 PST 2007

<x-flowed>

I similarly run a 2001 Ford (7.3l) on B100 most of the year.  Engine runs quieter and smoother than   it did on dino juice.

Some general notes on biodiesel:

B100 has ~7% less BTUs per gallon than typical summer #2 petro.  YMMV.

_Definitely_ know your producer and make sure they are producing product that meets ASTM standards.  Tour their facility.  Talk to some of their customers.  Are they doing regular analysis of the stock and product?

Winter use here in Reno (similar to NM weather) requires a ~B30 blend if you do not have filter heaters or park the vehicle indoors.

--On Friday, January 19, 2007 3:40 PM -1000 Marco Mangelsdorf <marco at pvthawaii.com> wrote:

> Allan,
>
> I bought a 2004 Dodge Ram diesel last year and am running it on 100 percent
> biodiesel purchased from the largest commercial "producer" of biodiesel in
> the state of Hawai'i.  Though you risk voiding the manufacturer's warranty
> when you go more than a B5-Dinodiesel 95 mix, if the biodiesel is from a
> reputable source, the Cummins diesel in the Dodges are robust beasties.  For
> you all in the cold winter states of NM, etc., you'd probably want to do
> less than 100 percent biodiesel in the colder months of the year.  Maybe a
> 50-50 mix.
>
> Best of luck,
> Marco
> ProVision