Solar well control [RE-wrenches]

Roy Butler, Four Winds RE roy at four-winds-energy.com
Fri Dec 21 13:27:17 PST 2007

<x-flowed>

We have 42 watering systems on farms in NY and PA at this time and most
are using the Jobe valves
on the individual livestock watering troughs. We have a lot of hills out
here and most of our systems pump to a storage tank on a hilltop which
gravity feeds to the stock tanks. The Jobes are a full flow thru valve
which works great for gravity feed systems.

We do have 2 systems which needed a booster system to help with some
remote troughs which filled too slowly.
These use the Flowlight booster pump with a 2 gallon air tank and
pressure switch assembly.
One is powered PV direct, the other off of the main pump system's PV
charged battery bank.

The stock tanks attached to both of these booster systems have the Jobe
Valves in them.
They work very well with our booster setups and we have never seen rapid
pump cycling or any other
problems. One has been in use for 3 years, the other for 4. Each pumps
app. 1200 GPD.

As for crazy, I'm with you guys...I'm just glad I'm not the only crazy
one here....crazy likes company!
Speaking of which...Windy got me started on this water pump stuff about
7 years ago.....thanks Windy,
I don't hold it against ya! I'll lift a Saranac for you and everyone on
the list...Happy Holidays to all!

"I don't suffer from insanity....I've enjoyed every minute of it!"

Roy Butler
NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer®
NYSERDA eligible PV & wind installer
Four Winds Renewable Energy, LLC
8902 Route 46
Arkport, NY 14807
607-324-9747
www.four-winds-energy.com

Although no trees were killed in the sending of this message,
a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com
This email was sent to: michael.welch at re-wrenches.org