Staber with PVP [RE-wrenches]

Drake Chamberlin Drake.Chamberlin at redwoodalliance.org
Mon Nov 26 10:26:50 PST 2007

Hello Wrenches,

We have a strange situation where a PVP 2800 is feeding the grid in a
house where a Staber washer is being used.  The washer burned out after
20 loads of wash, and a new replacement board was sent.

The washer, with the new board, would not operate until the inverter was
turned off.  It then started, and continues to start with no problems so
far, with the inverter left on.

Can a direct grid tie inverter affect power quality to the point where
it could damage appliances?  Has anyone ever heard of a problem like
this, or should we be looking elsewhere for the cause?

Thanks,

Drake

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php