NABCEP requirements [RE-wrenches]

Jeff Yago jryago at netscape.com
Sun Nov 18 15:24:23 PST 2007

Lets see, we first divided the certification program into solar pv and solar thermal certifications, now you are talking about wanting on-grid and off-grid certification, and I assume after that we can have on-grid roof integrated, off-grid with generator, on-grid pole mounted, on-grid single-phase, off-grid with wind option, on-grid 3-phase, and finally, off-grid with gel-cell certification.

Sorry, but I feel like being NAPCEP certified as a solar pv installer should mean you have the knowledge, experience, and training (and passed the testing!) to handle ALL types of pv systems, even if your local market wants all of the same type systems.   I have installed many grid-tie systems that included battery back-up when a client is in an area with lots of short power interruptions, and they did not want or could not have a generator.  Yes, grid-tie systems are less expensive, and easier and faster to install, but there are still many opportunities out there for battery-based systems and you should know how to install them.

Who knows,  we may all be called back to convert those grid-tie systems to battery-based systems if things keep going they way they are going!

Jeff Yago

Netscape.  Just the Net You Need.

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php